Biolite CampStove

A few weeks back, I spent some time at the BioLite offices in Brooklyn, talking to their team about the camping stove they’ve developed and the bigger picture goals they have in the coming years. And it certainly isn’t all camping…

I’ve taken the BioLite CampStove on the trail a few times now, and a proper review of the stove is-a-comin, but I can tell you now that Cold Splinters and fellow hiking companions have been wildly impressed.

Any users out there? What do you think?

8 Responses to Biolite CampStove

1. Jevan October 11, 2012 at 11:28 am #

definitely intrigued, look forward to reading the review.

2. MikeLove October 11, 2012 at 12:17 pm #

Isn’t gasification a cleaner burning method that requires no electricity? Seems the primary function of the TEG is to power the fan and any leftover electricity can be used for charging.

3. Chris October 13, 2012 at 3:18 pm #

I got one of these… it’s pretty cool. I had to send my first back as it stopped USB charging, but BioLite was great and swapped it for a new one. It takes a lot to fully charge anything, but getting some juice here and there while cooking is where this is at. Plus its fun to mess with while camping. Just don’t have your steripen fail where you need to boil all your water with it!

4. Tate October 14, 2012 at 11:30 am #

i have really enjoyed this stove, and as it takes so little fuel, have cooked some awesome meals on this, like tempura-fried squash. although tricky at first, i’ve found it to be reliable, and have used it in windy weather with no problem, despite the lack of a wind-screen.

5. Nicho October 16, 2012 at 5:17 pm #

I found this stove at the beginning of summer and its awesome. Super easy to use, burns anything dry, and its great for areas with high fire danger. Glad you’re gonna give it some attention here.

6. Dillon October 19, 2012 at 12:11 pm #

Oh yea. My dad has had one forever. He calls his a campfire.

7. Adam November 5, 2012 at 7:08 pm #

Biolite survival Brooklyn style:

8. Abbi November 10, 2012 at 2:27 am #

Does the Biolite Campstove work without the charging/ fan/ battery unit?? What happens if/ when the battery dies?