Heady Topper

Cold Splinters spent the last weekend up near Stowe, VT and head the extreme pleasure of trying Heady Topper for the first time. We don’t usually get too excited about beer, but holy moly, this is the one. Unfortunately you can’t get it here in the New York area, though going back to Vermont ain’t such a bad idea…

7 Responses to Heady Topper

1. Sam July 12, 2012 at 7:14 pm #

What else did you get into up here in the green mountains?

2. Freedle July 12, 2012 at 8:49 pm #

Right on, Stowe represent! Great you discovered The Alchemist.

3. Mark July 13, 2012 at 9:27 am #

They also make a really nice gluten free beer called Celia. And next time you’re that far north in VT, make the trip to the Hill Farmstead Brewery. They have delicious beer and you can re-sell it to your fellow new yorkers for triple the price.

4. Mike July 13, 2012 at 12:36 pm #

You know those places that you just happen to stumble upon and immediately appreciate? The Alchemist, when it was a brewpub in Waterbury, VT, prior to Irene, was my most cherished of those places. After hiking Camel’s Hump with my Vermonter Wife, we drove through Waterbury into Waitsfield, then baaaack to Waterbury after not finding anything that would work for post hike food and drink. So we decided that we would stop and eat at the very next place we saw. That place would be The Alchemist, and we fell in love with it. We ordered 2 Heady Topper’s, then waited for the kitchen to open up, then had more Heady Toppers, then ate incredible food and drank some of their cask conditioned stuff pumped right up from the basement…you could tell the people cared about what they were doing right from the minute you walked in the door. We would go back there any chance we had. I appreciate you posting this, sorry for storytime but seeing this brings back great memories. I understand they are doing good things at their new brewery and had a chance to bring some Celia back home with me.

5. William Roth July 13, 2012 at 12:59 pm #

My brother introduced this beer to me. He lives up near Stowe. Holy cow is it good, but don’t have more than two!

6. pinkus July 13, 2012 at 1:33 pm #

beer of the year

7. ctoombs July 26, 2012 at 5:52 pm #

I’m in the next time you go. First round’s on me.