CAMPING MUGS

I know how people are with their mugs at home. I’m the same way. Your mug is your mug and cross contamination is unnecessary and unacceptable. For most of us, that sentiment also translates to camping, and for me, that means always bringing along the old L.L. Bean mug I’ve had for way too long. That thing has been all over the country, holding some insanely bad cups of instant coffee, tea, whiskey (notice the Coke bottle full of bourbon?), noodles, and often enough, all of these things at the same time.

Y’all got something special that’s always along for the ride?

11 Responses to CAMPING MUGS

1. Chris February 22, 2012 at 10:01 am #

Ahh the old coke bottle full of whiskey. A tried and true hiking companion. For my girlfriend, a book is a must. She can’t camp without one. She brought A dance with Dragons in hardcover this summer! Dedication

2. Kevin Phillips February 22, 2012 at 12:11 pm #

A favorite companion of mine is a Platypus filled with white rum, I’ve got one that’s been on a few adventures. There was a tradition among my hiking friends of writing “The good stuff” on the side of their grog vessels so that any white liquors we’re not confused with water. Kind of like adding a cross to your first aid kit, but more important.

I bring along a few sachets of lime crystal light. Mixed with snow or cool mountain water Its the best trail cocktail i’ve found. There’s certainly an art to the light weight trail bar.

3. Owen - Ridgeline Review February 22, 2012 at 12:22 pm #

I never travel without my towel! More recently though my Grand Trunk Nano hammock has always been with me. I like the idea of carrying the travel mug everywhere, gives it a little character :)

4. ZJ February 22, 2012 at 6:37 pm #

A old copy of dharma bums, tattered and worn and scuffed. I just flip to a random page and Japhy’s on another hike hollering another zen poem at the moon. Sometimes a read-aloud at a campfire.

Coke bottle filled with whisky? Yes! hahaha

5. Rhon February 22, 2012 at 9:35 pm #

Whiskey and ramen noodles. Epic trail food! Carbs for the guy on the go.

6. Dan February 23, 2012 at 9:56 am #

My beloved Nalgene bottle. I have owned many bottles over my time in the outdoors, but have carried the same Nalgene bottle for alsmot 12 years. Full of stickers, this thing has only been properly washed a handful of times. Has held soup, coffee, whiskey, rum and coke, a variety of juices, sodas, cocoa, ramen and tea. And it has inherited some scents from all of them. The cap has been replaced three times. Its been all over the world, made it through highschool and college and still keeps trucking. I can’t imagine giving it up.

7. andrew jess February 23, 2012 at 8:35 pm #

An old Snow Peak mug that I found while on a trip.
    Carried the faithful liquids to warm the body and soul, such as coffee//bourbon combos, as well as an occasional soup or oatmeal. While not on the trail, it travels as my truck companion. good little find

8. Justin Mountford February 23, 2012 at 9:41 pm #

I’ve really struggled with cups over the years. I went through the plastic phase, then cheap rubbish, then glass (disaster for obvious reasons) I’ve finally settled on one of those double skinned aluminium ones. It’s easy to wash and durable. I could also engrave my name on it (if it was under threat!)

Cheers,
    Justin.

9. Joshua March 1, 2012 at 1:18 pm #

Is that an Hyperlite Mountain Gear pack?

10. Carissa March 10, 2012 at 3:32 pm #

I think I’d have to say my wool buff. It’s always near by, being used as a scarf, a hairtie, a hat, a pot holder, you name it.

11. Clement Maravilla March 12, 2013 at 12:09 am #

Camping with a baby or toddler seems intimidating. But while it requires a bit more work and preparation, the rewards are also great. Camping is learning experience for both baby and parents! Knowing how to keep your baby or toddler comfortable throughout the trip will make the experience a good one for the entire family.^

Hottest posting on our very own web-site
    <,http://www.beautyfashiondigest.com/how-to-prevent-acne/