The Open Road Pioneers was a club started in 1927 by The Open Road For Boys, a boys’ magazine encouraging the outdoor life that was published from 1919 to the 1950s.
The Club Undertakes
1) To acquaint each member with the spirit and ideals of the frontier
2) to encourage each member to adopt the principles of courage, self-reliance, honesty, sportsmanship, endurance, progress and co-operation.
3) To teach each member useful things about woodcraft and outdoor life.
4) To familiarize each member wit the natural wonders which are all about him
5) to enlist each member in helping to conserve and increase the fish, the game, the forests and the other natural resource of his locality.
*Learn more about the Open Road Pioneers and other old kids’ clubs at Vintage Kid Stuff.