Outdoor Retailer

I spent the weekend driving back and forth between Salt Lake City and Park City, stuffing my face with food, drooling over various camping/hiking this and thats and meeting the great people that I’ve been emailing with over the past few years of this Cold Splinters thing. It was an exciting couple of days.

One thing I didn’t anticipate was the baby/puppy effect that my Vasques (not the Sundowners, but the pair pictured above in their original Ebay glamour shot) were going to have while walking the floor at OR. As much as I really don’t want to admit that or even recognize it, it was pretty amazing how many people started conversation with me because of those boots.

You’d think that if a pair of boots had such an effect on a group of campers/hikers/guys with kilts/nerds, then maybe a certain company would bring some old models back into their mix…

6 Responses to Outdoor Retailer

1. O.R. January 25, 2010 at 1:12 pm #
  2. sydnor January 25, 2010 at 3:08 pm #

i have the women’s version of the vasque boots above, outfitted with red laces…and love them still, 12 years (yikes) later, so much that they still have a home in my closet, where space is a premium.

thanks for the daily enjoyment/break from work/reality cold splinters provides!

3. The Wild Wood January 26, 2010 at 6:41 am #

well they are beautiful boots, they should bring em back

4. awhite January 28, 2010 at 7:49 am #

I had a pair way back when, in college. Wore them practically every day for 3-4 years at school, and another 3-4 years after school as a cook. They then took me up to Alaska, where they finally bit the dust in Denali park. Luckily, I had some duct tape to wrap the sole back onto the upper for the last few days of the trip.

Thanks for showing these. Brings back serious memories of youthful fun and adventure.

5. john pasmore February 1, 2010 at 2:06 pm #

probably passed you on I-80 coming to from park city…! great site….

6. pete February 25, 2010 at 3:07 pm #